Happy Tuesday, Tribe fans! Just two days from Opening Day and the trek towards October.
Indians 0, Diamondbacks 7
Really hard to win a ballgame with only one hit. And Carlos Carrasco got lit up to the tune of six runs across four innings. But this game still doesn’t matter so onto the next one.
With Michael Brantley opening the season on the disabled list (shocking, I know) and Rob Refsnyder informed that he will not be making the team, it was only a matter of time before Brandon Guyer officially was named to the Opening Day roster. Guyer has been dealing with a wrist injury since last season and, while not at 100%, will try to make an impact now that he’s back on the major league roster.
After coming up just short of a championship in 2016 and getting bounced from the first round of the playoffs in 2017, the Indians are back with a vengeance.
The consensus among the users over at /r/baseball is that injuries could derail an otherwise incredible team.
Around the league
- Nevest Coleman spent 23 years in prison for crimes he did not commit. Yesterday, he returned to his job as a groundskeeper for the Chicago White Sox.
- ESPN has their goals for all 30 MLB teams (side note: apparently “reach the ALDS” is more of a goal for Cleveland than “Win World Series”
- Greg Bird will be out 6-8 weeks to remove a bone spur on his right ankle.
- 11-year old me would be shocked that the Boston Red Sox now have the highest payroll in all of baseball.
- Someone buy this man an ice cream:
- Are you on the social medias? Then here are the hashtags to use this season to passive aggressively roast the other teams: