Happy Tuesday, everyone!
Indians 5, Giants 4
Francisco Lindor hit a triple, Josh Tomlin pitched into the sixth inning, and Yonder Alonso found the seats with two home runs in Monday’s victory against the Giants. Yesterday was a good day.
Michael Brantley will see his first Cactus League action this Wednesday when he gets penciled in against the Kansas City Royals. And Brandon Guyer is going to be with the AAA camp with the hopes of getting healthy enough to make the Opening Day roster. With a myriad of injuries afflicting multiple members of the team, having both Brantley and Guyer on the upswing is definitely a plus.
Here’s to hoping that the 2018 Cleveland Indians have a better result at the end of October than the 1996 Atlanta Braves.
Around the league
- Justin Turner was hit by a pitch on Monday night and left the game with a broken wrist.
- Top prospect Ronald Acuna has been reassigned to minor league camp.
- A groin injury will keep Zack Greinke from starting on Opening Day for the Diamondbacks.
- While the Twins don’t support Jorge Polanco’s PED usage, they want to support and help him.
- An oblique injury will most likely land Jacoby Ellsbury on the DL to begin the season.
- The 2018 holiday uniforms were announced and, for once, they’re not total garbage.
- The new tax bill could impact how baseball players are traded.