Happy Friday, Tribe fans! Next week, there will be Cleveland Indians baseball. Exciting times are ahead.
Stephen Fife hasn’t pitched in the majors since 2014. He had Tommy John surgery in 2014 and missed 2015 entirely; since then, he’s been mired in AAA and Japan Pacific League. So...championship?
At this point, Brady Aiken is remembered less for being the first overall pick in 2015 and more for being the former first overall pick who didn’t sign with Houston, underwent Tommy John surgery, was then drafted by the Indians, and has under performed every step of the way since. If Aiken wants to remain relevant, he needs to produce this year.
Apparently the Cleveland Cavaliers had an interesting Thursday night while the Cleveland Indians prepared across the street for the trek to Arizona and the 2018 season.
Around the league
- Elias Diaz’s mother was reported kidnapped on Thursday evening.
- All of those unsigned free agents will have their own free-agent camp in Florida courtesy of the IMG Academy.
- Zack Wheeler won his arbitration case against the New York Mets and will make $1.9 million in 2018.
- Derek Jeter
liedassured Marlins fans that the team will be competitive. Live reaction from around the league:
- Tim Tebow continues to say that he is going to make it to the majors. Live reaction from around the league can be found above.
- The new stadium saga currently plaguing the Rays may be taking a turn for the better.
- I love minor league baseball shenanigans.
- Twitter was busy yesterday:
@JonHeyman I would listen to an offer, but I havnt had one to listen to so it’s been pretty easy. Thanks for your concern about my future and next time I hope you put a name by it, because you are using my name in a manner I don’t appreciate.— Josh Donaldson (@BringerOfRain20) February 8, 2018
#Angels player who worked out at complex today messaged me about Shohei Ohtani, "Stupid power. Effortless too. Then you just sit back and realize he has the potential to be an ace on the mound, too. Throwing 100."— Taylor Blake Ward (@TaylorBlakeWard) February 8, 2018
The report that the Dbacks are willing to give JD Martinez a 5-year deal for $100 million is TOTALLY INACCURATE. There is no truth to it. Just Scott Boras spreading rumors -— John Gambadoro (@Gambo987) February 8, 2018