Happy Tuesday, everyone!
After the heartbreak in 2016 and the early exit in 2017, the Cleveland Indians are eyeing the championship in 2018 despite what many online commenters would have you believe.
Trevor Bauer makes Richard Justice’s list at #3 of pitchers he believes could make a run at the Cy Young award in 2018. Notably missing is one Carlos Carrasco.
The secondary market for memorabilia with Chief Wahoo has exploded, with some bobbleheads being listed at almost $1000 (Note: Regardless of where you stand on the Chief Wahoo debate, I hope we can all agree that the 1947 bobblehead in the article is the stuff of nightmares).
Around the league
- Todd Frazier has agreed to a two-year, $17 million dollar contract with the New York...Mets.
- Daniel Poncedeleon will return to the diamond soon after successfully rehabbing a horrendous line drive to the head.
- Eugenio Suarez is headed to arbitration after asking for $4.2 million dollars from the Reds instead of the proposed $3.75 million.
- George Springer and the Astros avoid arbitration after agreeing to a two-year, $24 million dollar contract.
- The Marlins cut yet another member of their team on Monday evening:
Source : The Marlins have terminated the man inside the suit of Billy the Marlin. Marlins spokesman says Billy himself has not been fired. He will remain Marlins Mascot, played by someone else.— Craig Mish (@CraigMish) February 5, 2018