Happy Tuesday, everyone! We’re just a few short days away from an actual Cleveland Indians baseball game!
Remember how Lindor hit a career high 33 home runs in 2017? Well, the star shortstop has arrived in camp bulked up and ready to “finish the thing”.
A lot of Cleveland fans don’t know it yet, but they are going to sorely miss Bryan Shaw this season. Cody Allen and the rest of the relief corps are going to do what they can to fill his 70+ appearance gap this season.
The tl;dr is Kip is going to play 2B, Jose is going to play 3B. I guess that clears that up. At least until Brantley gets hurt and then it looks like Kipnis may move to...left field? I’m confused.
It sure would be nice for Alonso to come in and seamlessly take over where Santana left off.
“Brantley is daddy” should definitely be a sign seen at Progressive Field this season.
Around the league
- The Red Sox have agreed to a 5-year, $110 million dollar contract.
- Details have emerged on the Hosmer deal. 8-years, $144 million. Padres, why?
- It looks like Ryan Braun may be preparing to play some first base this season.
- Jake Odorizzi is glad to finally have closure on his trade from the Rays to the Twins.
- Mike Trout hopes that the Angels’ season is as exciting as their offseason was.
- No pitch clock at the MLB level in 2018.