Happy Tuesday, everyone! We’re just a few short days away from an actual Cleveland Indians baseball game!
Lindor strong-arms first full-squad workout | MLB
Remember how Lindor hit a career high 33 home runs in 2017? Well, the star shortstop has arrived in camp bulked up and ready to “finish the thing”.
Allen, Tribe ready to fill Shaw’s shoes in ‘pen | MLB
A lot of Cleveland fans don’t know it yet, but they are going to sorely miss Bryan Shaw this season. Cody Allen and the rest of the relief corps are going to do what they can to fill his 70+ appearance gap this season.
Cleveland Indians’ Terry Francona gives marching orders to Jason Kipnis, Jose Ramirez | Cleveland.com
The tl;dr is Kip is going to play 2B, Jose is going to play 3B. I guess that clears that up. At least until Brantley gets hurt and then it looks like Kipnis may move to...left field? I’m confused.
Indians 1B Yonder Alonso changed his swing last year, and maybe changed the course of his career | Cleveland.com
It sure would be nice for Alonso to come in and seamlessly take over where Santana left off.
“Whatever Brantley does, I’m doing.”| Major League Bastian
“Brantley is daddy” should definitely be a sign seen at Progressive Field this season.
Around the league
- The Red Sox have agreed to a 5-year, $110 million dollar contract.
- Details have emerged on the Hosmer deal. 8-years, $144 million. Padres, why?
- It looks like Ryan Braun may be preparing to play some first base this season.
- Jake Odorizzi is glad to finally have closure on his trade from the Rays to the Twins.
- Mike Trout hopes that the Angels’ season is as exciting as their offseason was.
- No pitch clock at the MLB level in 2018.
Announcing... The Ray Tank!— Tampa Bay Rays (@RaysBaseball) February 19, 2018
Our new blog will have behind-the-scenes stories, photos, and more.
RAY TANK // https://t.co/YTfZo8Nkh1 pic.twitter.com/xPgRA73kUr