Happy Sunday, Tribe fans! All players report to Goodyear today for the first time. It’s a good day!
Cody Anderson last pitched for the Cleveland Indians on September 28, 2016. Tommy John surgery took him out of the entire 2017 campaign, and he stepped back on a mound for the first time yesterday with high hopes of making it back to Cleveland this season.
A small group of position players put work in on Saturday the day before the entire team reports to Goodyear for spring training.
Around the league
- The Padres make the bold (read: dumb) decision to sign Eric Hosmer to an 8-year deal.
- The Rays have acquired C.J. Cron from the Angels for the coveted PTBNL. They also DFA’d Corey Dickerson.
- The Rays also traded Jake Odorizzi to the Twins.
- Chris Archer seems to believe that the Rays rotation could be the best in baseball.
- Aaron Boone won’t name his Opening Day starter just yet.
- Scooter Gennett won his arbitration case against the Reds, earning $5.7 million instead of the original $5.1 million that was offered.
- Danny Duffy wants to put his 2017 DUI behind him and start anew this season.
- Shohei Ohtani is going to do everything for the Angels, apparently: