Happy Tuesday, everyone!
The final Inbox from Anthony Castrovince (for now) discusses Yan Gomes, Roberto Perez, Eric Haase, Danny Salazar, and more.
One element of Yan Gomes’ tenure with the Tribe was his reported ability to be a great partner for the pitching staff. With Gomes now in D.C., the starting role falls to Roberto Perez, who has operated as Trevor Bauer’s personal catcher most recently. Now, he will be the primary catcher for the entire staff.
Around the league
- The Mariners-Mets deal sending Robinson Cano and Edwin Diaz to New York is official and complete.
- Speaking of All-Stars leaving Seattle, Jean Segura is on his way to Philadelphia. LGFT Carlos Santana is part of the trade package and he is headed to Seattle.
- Starting today, LHP Yusei Kikuchi will now be available to MLB teams.
- The Dodgers and Dave Roberts have agreed to a 4-year deal.
- Magic Johnson is working to woo Bryce Harper to Los Angeles. Jim Thome is working to bring Harper to Chicago.
- Trevor Bauer is pulling more Twitter bamboozles:
Welp...got my finger stuck in a drone blade again.— Trevor Bauer (@BauerOutage) December 3, 2018