Happy Friday, everyone!
Ramirez followed up his stellar 2017 season with an equally (and in some ways, better) impressive 2018 campaign. He garnered a total of 208 points and had one second-place vote. Other Cleveland players who received MVP votes included Francisco Lindor (6th overall) and Trevor Bauer (22nd overall).
Around the league
- Mookie Betts took home the AL MVP award (and it wasn’t even close).
- Christian Yelich took home the NL MVP award (and it wasn’t even close).
- MLB has decided to scale back the fun police enough to allow for colorful cleats.
- The Miami Marlins have a slick new logo and color scheme for 2019. But more importantly, the awful home run sculpture has also been demolished.
- Brian Cashman isn’t weighing on the Manny Machado #hustlegate.
- Jeff Mathis has signed a two-year contract with the Rangers.