Happy Tuesday, everyone!
Inbox: Will Tribe address Ramirez’s struggles? | MLB
Jose says he may have been trying to hit the ball out too much on the last day of the season, which may have accounted for some of his struggles. Now, claiming to be more focused, he and the rest of the team prepare for the ALDS on Friday.
October baseball has arrived, are the Cleveland Indians ready? | Cleveland.com
The Tribe has three days, including today, to get set for the ALDS. Hopefully it’s enough time.
See where Cleveland Indians pitchers ranked among American League season leaders in 2018 | Cleveland.com
You already knew this, but the Cleveland rotation this season was incredibly special. Now it’s time to see how far into October they can go.
See where Cleveland Indians hitters ranked among American League season offensive leaders in 2018 | Cleveland.com
The hitters, while not as prolific as the starting rotation, had quite a year as well.
Around the league
- The Brewers are NL Central champions.
- The Dodgers are NL West champions.
- The Cubs will start Jon Lester in the NL Wild Card game.
- The Rockies will start Kyle Freeland in the NL Wild Card game.
- All the playoff odds you could want.
- In non-playoff news, Shohei Ohtani has had Tommy John surgery.
- Dave Magadan has parted ways with the Arizona Diamondbacks.