Happy Tuesday, folks!
Sure you can judge the Brantley signing over the Bruce signing now with the benefit of hindsight, but both moves could be justified given the timeline of events.
The 20-year old right hander is not only the best pitching prospect for the Indians, but he’s also in the top 10 RHP prospects in all of baseball (per MLB). That’s pretty neat.
Around the league
- Andrew McCutchen will be joining Evan Longoria in San Francisco for the 2018 campaign.
- Justin Morenau has retired from baseball.
- Curtis Granderson has been signed by the Toronto Blue Jays on a 1-year, $5 million deal.
- Howie Kendrick and the Washington Nationals have agreed to a 2-year, $7 million deal.
- Yadier Molina won’t be retiring for a few more years.
- This is truly the darkest timeline.
- Cutch bids farewell to Pittsburgh:
Pittsburgh.My Home.My Fans.My City. The placed that raised me and helped mold me into the man I am today. You will 4ever be in my heart.A tip of the cap to all who have been on this journey with me. With Love and respect,— andrew mccutchen (@TheCUTCH22) January 15, 2018