Happy Friday, folks! Here’s to a nice, long weekend.
Former starter turned bullpen arm Zach McAllister has agreed to a 1-year, $2.45 million dollar contract on Thursday. With the departures of Bryan Shaw and Joe Smith, McAllister may see more innings in 2018. Make of that what you will.
Just after being voted the #1 prospect in the Cleveland Indians system, Mejia talks about his experience learning how to man third base in the Arizona Fall League.
It sounds good, Hoynes.
Around the league
- Curtis Jackson (aka 50 Cent) will get a chance to redeem himself in 2018.
- Patrick Corbin and the Diamondbacks agreed to a 1-year, $7.5 million deal.
- Over 150 players, including Manny Machado and Josh Donaldson, are heading to arbitration if agreements can’t be made by today.
- Yu Darvish had a monumental deal on the table from the New York Yankees and didn’t accept.
- Jake Arrieta is getting a lot of interest from multiple teams.
- Cody Bellinger is getting ready for 2018:
Cody Bellinger said he’s gained 15 pounds since the World Series with a stepped-up conditioning and nutrition program.— Ken Gurnick (@kengurnick) January 11, 2018