The Tribe is out west this week, which means some long nights are in store for folks back in Cleveland. But maybe I’ll get to see them live a couple of times, so I think it’s a fair trade off.
Scoreless streak wins Kluber AL Player of the Week | MLB
AL Cy Young front runner Corey Kluber was dominant yet again this past week, netting 17 strikeouts in two starts and earning his second AL Player of the Week honors this season.
Kipnis in center is smart risk behind strong staff | MLB
Because the Indians’ have such dominant starting pitching and there are hardly any balls hit to center field, Tito isn’t worried about putting someone like Jason Kipnis, someone who hasn’t played the position since the low minors, out in center field.
Will Danny Salazar be the Cleveland Indians’ fourth starter in the ALDS? | Cleveland.com
My money is on no thanks to the brilliance of Trevor Bauer and Mike Clevinger, but it looks like Danny Salazar will get a chance to make his case for a spot in the starting rotation this coming Thursday in Anaheim against the Angels.
Around the League
- Oh look, the man accused of domestic violence is good at throwing baseballs again. Yay!
- Clayton Kershaw gave up the first grand slam of his career.
- Giancarlo Stanton attacks the atrocity in center field at Marlins Park with his 55th home run on the season.
- Team Chaos still has a chance to reign supreme in the AL.
- And finally, courtesy of MLB, a visualization of all of the wins in 2017: