The Indians have themselves a nice little win streak going. Today marks a new series with the Los Angeles Angels, so here’s to hoping that the Tribe can continue playing solid baseball against another middling opponent.
Reds 2, Indians 6
Josh Tomlin stepped up and pitched six solid innings and Carlos Santana hit a home run from both sides of the plate. If you want to pick nits, Jose Ramirez went 0-for-4, but it was otherwise a great game all around for the Tribe as they notched their fourth consecutive win.
Tito missed a few games earlier this month, including the All-Star game, because he underwent a procedure to fix an irregular heartbeat. And while it’s been three weeks since the operation, Tito is still in the recovery stage despite being back with his club. Continue to get well, Tito!
Jason Kipnis and Lonnie Chisenhall are both on the disabled list and don’t have a firm date in which they are set to return. However, both seem to be progressing in their rehab as they were able to take live batting practice.
After a disappointing road trip to start the second half followed by a weekend sweep of Toronto, the Cleveland Indians find themselves in the position of not knowing exactly what to target as the trade deadline approaches. All things considered, look for the Indians to make minor upgrades in regards to either their bullpen or the bench for their final push towards the playoffs.
Around the League’
- Not to be outdone by the rookie, Giancarlo Stanton hit two home runs in Monday night’s game to tie Aaron Judge for most in MLB with 32.
- The Atlanta Braves sent LHP Jaime Garcia to the Minnesota Twins.
- In upsetting news, Clayton Kershaw will miss 4-6 weeks with a back injury...again.
- I’m annoyed that this is still news, but I suppose I’m not helping the situation by promoting articles that feature Tim Tebow.
- Oh look, the Royals are still annoying: