Well, it’s the middle of June, the Indians have lost about a dozen series in a row, and there was no Cleveland baseball last night. But hey, that 14-game winning streak is gonna start any day now. Right?
Well, whatever. Here’s a bunch of Indians and general baseball news, if you’re into that sort of thing. Enjoy.
Tribe news & notes
Things are looking quite a bit more bleak than they were at this point last season. At a loss for how the Tribe can right the ship? Don’t worry, so is Paul Hoynes, but he’s getting paid to write about it regardless.
The Indians may be scuffling, but aren’t giving up hope. The talent is there, but the execution is lacking. There’s too much competitive spirit to keep playing this badly. The [CLICHE MACHINE HAS MALFUNCTIONED; PLEASE INSERT MORE PLATITUDES].
Now this is a take I can get behind! We’ve analyzed it all to death, but it’s time for this supremely talented team to start putting it all together and getting them W’s.
For those crossover Cavs/Tribe fans on this site. There have been innumerable horrendous hot takes and comparisons concerning Golden State’s signing of Kevin Durant, but Doug Lesmerises may have just published the absolute worst. I’m sharing with you out of love.
News from around baseball
- MLB plans to investigate Addison Russell for alleged domestic abuse
- Oakland is abysmal at defense (but Cleveland isn’t that far behind)
- Justin Smoak has nearly matched his career WAR just this year alone
- The Nats are off to a stellar start, but Dusty Baker might be a lame duck
- A streaker in Milwaukee got tackled naked crotch first onto the gritty infield dirt