I only caught a portion of yesterday’s game due to an altered work schedule, but it seems I missed quite the game. Hopefully the team can repeat today!
Corey Kluber pitched an absolute gem and shutout the Baltimore Orioles for nine innings. His offense, led by Jose Ramirez and his doubles in his seventh straight game, returned the favor by striking for a dozen runs and absolutely demolishing Baltimore pitching. More please.
Michael Brantley’s last game came on Wednesday, June 14, against the Los Angeles Dodgers. The Indians placed him on paternity leave to be present for the birth of his new son; however, on his return, he was retroactively placed on the 10 day DL with a sprained right ankle. Get well soon, Smooth.
Hammy described the move as selfless when Cody Allen asked Tito to swap himself and Andrew Miller to allow for the workload on Miller to be eased a bit. It’s also super convenient that the Indians have two of the best relief pitchers in baseball that they can use interchangeably depending on what the situation calls for. Good on ya, Cody.
Around the League
- Cody Bellinger should make the All-Star Team and so should Jose Ramirez. #FreeTheHamster
- Oh look, Anthony Rizzo purposely went out of his way to collide with Austin Hedges on a play at the plate. Stay classy, Chicago.
- If Yu Darvish stays healthy all year, the man is going to get paid.
- Clayton Kershaw was having none of Zack Hample’s request for another baseball this past weekend.
- I’m a fan of /u/n4rcotix’s graph this week: