Happy Tuesday, everyone!
Carlos Carrasco came in and did his thing, and three Indians (Austin Jackson, Carlos Santana, and Edwin Encarnacion) homered past Daniel Mengden and the A’s to kick off this four game series. On the other side of the ball, Rajai Davis went 1-for-4 in his return to Progressive Field for the first time since Game 7 of the 2016 World Series.
Carlos Carrasco has been the best starting pitcher for the Cleveland Indians thus far in 2017. With Corey Kluber returning this week from the disabled list, it’s looking like the Indians may have two genuine aces on their staff as the calendar flips to June. Be aware, rest of American League.
Baseball was played yesterday, but Tribe skipper Terry Francona had more on his mind, namely the men and women who serve in the armed services. And while his dad served in the Army, Tito joked that his dad probably didn’t actually do all that much during his service time.
Rajai Davis was a momentary hero for an entire city last November. And while negotiations stagnated and he moved on to Oakland for this season, Davis will always hold a special place in Cleveland sports history. Here’s to you, Rajai.
While his defense isn’t setting the world on fire, his bat is good enough to warrant keeping Carlos Santana in the lineup when the Indians are forced to play
fake baseball against NL teams.
Around the League
- Baseball just got a lot worse: Mike Trout is out for at least a month, will have surgery on his left thumb.
- Meanwhile, in the National League, the other young megastar in baseball, Bryce Harper, was starting a fight with Hunter Strickland. I’m no boxing ref, but I’d give this one to Strickland.
- Dustin Pedroia has sprained his wrist and will undergo an MRI.
- Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha Twins.
- Man I love Brandon McCarthy:
generations of soldiers died protecting our country and its freedoms- don't forget to buy an official baseball hat to say thank you— Brandon McCarthy (@BMcCarthy32) May 29, 2017
- Swiggity swooty, Minnesota. Swiggity swooty: