The Indians lost 6 to 4 yesterday, but the big news was that Bradley Zimmer was promoted from AAA and made his MLB debut. Zimmer struck out in all 3 of his ABs, which can't be considered a huge shock, given that he was doing a lot of that in AAA too. But he will also give us some power, speed and defense, which would be infinitely more welcome additions to the roster.
• Carlos Carrasco will return to his regular routine after a two-day rest. He is scheduled to start May 23 against the Reds, which has to be considered the best-case scenario after he left his start earlier this week.
• Carlos Santana played his 1000th game with the Indians last night. I'd like to request 1000 more.
• There were a number of corresponding moves to get Zimmer onto the 25- and 40-man rosters: Threaddddddd!
• The Rockies activated LGFT Tony Wolters off the DL
• Mets GM Sandy Alderson understands that he could really use some pitchers. And that is why they signed Neil Ramirez.
• Speaking of the Mets (and injuries), they had to place LGFT Asdrubal Cabrera on the DL with a thumb injury. Oy.
• The Mariners placed Robinson Cano on the DL, in a month that has seemingly been brutal for baseball injuries.
• The Blue Jays signed Saltalphabet to a MiLB deal. They could certainly use an upgrade over those guys who "caught" in our recent series against them.
"What you think is happening often isn’t"
• The Reds claimed Spring Training Superstar Peter O’Brien off waivers from the Royals.
• The Marlins claimed 2010 Draft Day Superstar Christian Colon off waivers from the Royals.