Cleveland 3 - Chicago (AL) 0
Klubot dissected the White Sox hitters with exacting precision, with a little help from the Chisencannon and Brandon Guyer.
Corey Kluber’s cutter had been hit hard in his last three appearances, but it was lethal last night versus the White Sox.
Prior to Friday's game against the White Sox, Cleveland activated second baseman Jason Kipnis from the 10-day disabled list, following his comeback from a right shoulder injury. The Indians optioned rookie third baseman Yandy Diaz to Triple-A Columbus to clear a spot on the active roster for Kipnis' return.
Manager Terry Francona agonized over hitting Jason Kipnis sixth in his first game back from the disabled list. Kipnis, however, had no problem with the move.
Indians shortstop Francisco Lindor, who reportedly rejected a contract extension that reportedly was in the neighborhood of $100 million, says the timing wasn't right. Lindor did leave the door open for future negotiations.
The family of a concertgoer who fell to his death through a garbage chute at Progressive Field alleged the Cleveland Indians were repeatedly warned about faulty locks.
The Sioux City Explorers have signed pitchers Alex White, Kevin McCanna, and Mark Vasquez to 2017 American Association contracts. Alex White is a former first-round draft pick of the Indians.
Cleveland.com Minor League Roundup
- P Triston McKenzie impressive for Lynchburg Hillcats
- Chu starts hot for Lake County Captains
- Francisco Mejia streaking for Akron RubberDucks
- Mike Clevinger, Chris Narveson start hot for Columbus Clippers
- What better way to honor Prince than to give away Purple Rain umbrellas?
- Is the Moneyball premise flawed?
- Dad asks all 30 MLB teams to make a pitch to capture his infant son’s fandom
- My cousin broke his arm on a dirt bike when he was 13. He was not a Major League pitcher at the time.
- Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice - I must be a Tiger.
- What are the playoff odds?
- Despite what Hammy tells you, Eric Hosmer is not very good