Dan Otero will never have to go to arbitration with the Indians. On Tuesday, the team and Otero agreed to a contract that will cover those two years, as well as 2020 if the Indians pick up the option down the line.
Otero has been a steady force out of the Tribe pen the past two seasons, with a 2.14 ERA in 114 games in a Cleveland uniform. That, if you have not noticed, makes him #good. Not good enough to be on the 2017 postseason roster, of course, but nobody here could possibly still be bitter about that. Right?
• As we all already knew, Yandy Diaz needs to get the ball in the air more.
• Chris Antonetti talked about the evolution MLB trades have undergone.
• People think very highly of the Indians FO. As they should. Do you?
• The 2017-18 Offseason trend of pursuing pitchers who could start or relieve but ignoring everybody else continued on Tuesday. The Rangers added Myles Mikolas, who pitched in Japan last year, to their rotation/bullpen. They have also done the same with Mike Minor and could soon add Shohei Otani to what might be a 6-man rotation.
• The Royals signed Wily Peralta for a year, with an option for 2019. Solid move for them. Unfortunately.
• The Angels and Kevin Maitan have an agreement.
• The Angels and Philadelphia Eagles have an agreement. (You can’t have Danny Otero, guys.)