After stupidly allowing Carlos Santana to leave for Philadelphia, the Indians are finding that it is more important that they keep Jason Kipnis. They should have done both of these things, but the Mets have themselves suddenly wondering what happened to their buy-low candidate. Thankfully, “the Indians’ desire and need to move Kipnis is not as strong as perceived, two industry sources said on the condition of anonymity” to Ken Davidoff of the NY Post.
• Deadspin put many words into their CMS on Statcast. (Ed. note: Did not read yet.)
• Jeff Sullivan loves Ketel Marte and thinks he will break out in 2018. I’d have gone with Michael Martinez, but that’s just me.
• Timmy Driveline, er, Tim Lincecum, has been training at Driveline with Trevor Bauer and those guys. This would seem to give us a leg up if the Indians have an interest in Timothy. If they do, hopefully he’s much better than his ~10 most recent appearances on an MLB mound.
• The Athletics got something for Joey Wendle. Specifically, they got a catcher named Jonah Heim.
• The Giants may sign Trevor Cahill.
Baseball fan of the week