I was hoping to have a Nationals-Cubs game to recap here this morning, to write about something that isn’t so urgent, but it was rained out. They will play this afternoon at 4 eastern. Hopefully the Cubs do not experience joy today. Hopefully the Indians do.
It would probably be helpful in that regard if Edwin Encarnacion is able to play tonight, following the ankle injury he suffered a few days ago. I don’t think any of us thought it would be possible, but it might actually be more probable than not that he starts tonight.
• Corey Kluber will start tonight for the home team; LNGFT CC Sabathia will go for the visitors. Jordan Bastian talked to Kluber’s pitching coach at Stetson about that magical breaking pitch and learned that Kluber learned how to throw it like it was three 0s and four 1s that needed to be entered into the code.
• The Indians have recovered the ball Francisco Lindor hit off the foul pole in game 2.
• Gio Urshela could miss game 5 with a leg injury from the baseball he did not field.
• The Twins formally announced that Paul Molitor will be back in 2018.
• Hanley Ramirez appears to enjoy the simplest of foods.