The MLB season is finally starting to feel around the corner. FOX apparently felt the same way yesterday. With 68 more days to go until people have happier things to tweet about, we now look at a few offseason happenings:
• Mark Shapiro found himself a batsman, this time inking Jarrod [switch windows] [copy] [paste] Saltalamacchia to a minor-league deal. There is an 0.0000000000000000001% chance he out-produces Edwin Encarnacion this season. #science
• The Rangers are still interested in Mike Napoli, but only for a year. Is there a scenario where you would have interest in signing him even with Edwin onboard?
• If you've always wanted to rate the state of the Indians franchise, Fangraphs is giving you that chance this week.
• LGFT John Axford is still doing his Oscar predictions thing. Here is everything you ever wanted to know about the process.
• And everything you ever wanted to know about mutual options. (This doesn't seem overly pressing at the moment, but we should probably all bookmark it for the future.)
• The Miami Marlins acquired Severino Gonzalez from the Phillies for a PTBNL