Last night's game isn't worth talking about. The Columbus Clippers got dominated by Miguel Cabrera and Justin Verlander. Jim Rosenhaus played a mean left field, though.
A bad Tuesday aside, it's true! The Indians do have a chance to win the World Series! A 9% chance, according to Fangraphs. Here are 5 reasons why that 9% could become 100.
Bauer may start a playoff game before Corey Kluber does. This is because Kluber's groin injury turned out to actually be a quad injury and he faces a 7-10 day recovery time.
As far as the rest of the regular season goes, the starting rotation will change because of the Indians clinching the AL Central Monday night and the uncertainty with Kluber.
Rotation rest of way:— Jordan Bastian (@MLBastian) September 27, 2016
Tomlin possible F/Su. Kluber TBD. Plutko possible.
• Cody Allen compared the excitement and nerves of closing out the division-clinching game to when he proposed to his wife. And Roberto Perez called it one of the best moments of his life.
More Division Clinching Photos
• Corey Kluber photographs Jason Kipnis
• Awful news for the Nationals: Wilson Ramos has a torn ACL
• Agents are concerned about the next MLB CBA. Boo hoo. Feel bad for agents, everybody!
• Mike Trout is Castrovince's pick for MVP
• READ THIS PHIL: Jay Bruce has not been a worthwhile pickup for the Mets. (though he did homer last night)
• Caleb Joseph has played a ton of Major League Baseball this season—but still doesn't have an RBI. The Orioles being power hitters who don't run the bases well hasn't helped. Trigger warning: link includes GIF that will make our male readers cringe.
• Oakland pitcher Jharel Cotton is looking like a good one.
• And finally, this is not how ERA+ works, buuuut this is still amazing.