First we have some great news regarding next week's Roberto Perez catching tandem partner:
Tribe expected to activate catcher Yan Gomes on Friday when Tigers vs Progressive Field.— paul hoynes (@hoynsie) September 13, 2016
If all goes well with Gomes, Chris Gimenez will barely play towards the end of the season.
– The Indians attempted to play baseball last night, but the White Sox played much better. Chicago 8, Cleveland 1. Trevor Bauer's line looked bad, but he was done in by a bunch of Royalsesque bloops. Even though Tom Hamilton is ready to send him to the gorilla pit, I'm not one bit worried about Bauer going forward.
– The Tigers brought the same lifeless play into their game with the Twins last night and were likewise demolished.
Less Important Stories
• Because everybody wants a .444 winning percentage, "Brewers' base-stealing bargains could inspire next roster-building trend in MLB." The Brewers are on pace to steal 178 bases, the highest total of this decade.
• A 5th grader really wanted the Indians to trade for Coco Crisp in 2007. But I don't think he could have relieved Fausto Carmona in the ALCS well enough to Dana DeMuth's liking.
• The Twins could look to Kansas City for their next general manager. Works for me. If he's good, KC loses him; if he isn't, Twins stay awful.
• Taijuan Walker carried a perfect game into the 6th last night against the Angels. It didn't last, but it's good to know that he's capable of dominating another team that isn't the Indians.
• Because I know you came here today for a Joey Wendle update, he pinch ran for the A's yesterday and scored a run. He is batting .281/.294/.281 in 32 ABs with the Athletics this season.
Fewer Important Stories
• The Cleveland Browns are 0–1.