Yesterday was bad. Here's a recap of the game. The Twins had a 8-0 lead, but Kyle Gibson couldn't get out of the 5th inning. It was 8-6 after his blowup, but 6 was all the Tribe would get—before Austin Adams poured some gas on the 2-run deficit.
Ryan Pressly now leads the Twins in #PitcherWinz.
The news doesn't get better: The Indians placed Danny Salazar on the DL with elbow inflammation. The hope is that this is precautionary, and the expected timetable of 2-3 weeks suggests that may be the case. Mike Clevinger will start in his place.
• Brandon Guyer will wear #6 for the Tribe.
• Francisco Mejia's hitting streak is now at 44 games.
• Jon Lucroy went 0-for-2 in his Texas debut and "caught" two pitchers who gave up 4 home runs.
• Will Smith got shelled in his SFG debut, as palcal has probably already reported somewhere.
• The Cardinals activated Jhonny Peralta and Brandon Moss from the DL (Aledmys Diaz replaces them on the DL).
• Michael Martinez was DFA'd by Boston. Tom Hamilton and Paul Hoynes (and Tito?) want him back, which probably tells you all you need to know about whether we should get him. The Boston fans I follow on twitter unsurprisingly hated Martinez's "contributions."
• Yasiel Puig could still be available—and I'd be all for the Indians acquiring him. This LA Times piece makes him sound incredibly fixable and nothing like the "powder keg" he is referred to as on the radio during Tribe games. Can Terry Francona fix laziness? If not, what is he good at?
• Hanley Ramirez needs an MRI after jamming his wrist falling down steps into the clubhouse.
• Detroit placed Mike Pelfrey on the DL, which sucks for the Indians.