Baseball is and always has been trash. Right? I mean, why does anyone watch this crap. Argh. Anyway, I guess I need to get on with it. Here’s what’s happening around this miserable sport:
Texas Rangers 9, Cleveland Indians 0
Josh Tomlin Tomlin’d all over himself and the Indians offense did absolutely squat for the fourth game in a row. Sure, this is probably just a small hiccup in the road, just short rough patch, but it still hurts. The Tribe’s lead is down to 4.5 games.
Other Tribe news & notes
Possible September call-ups: which prospects can help in the Indians’ playoff push? | Burning River Baseball - With the rotation’s recent struggles and Abraham Almonte’s playoff ineligibility, the Indians might need to count more on September call-ups than they’d like to in a pennant race. Can any Clippers make a splash in the majors? Will Bradley Zimmer get the call? Justin Lada discusses.
Obstacles to overcome before October | Waiting for Next Year - Those call-ups are going to be asked to address the myriad issues facing the Tribe as they fight into October. Michael Bode touches on what the team’s biggest roadblocks are, and how seriously we should take them.
Covering the bases: Game 126 | Major League Bastian - Jordan Bastian breaks down just about everything that went wrong during last night’s game, including why Josh Tomlin’s pitch selection to Carlos Gomez and Adrian Beltre was especially bad tonight.
News from around the league
- A soft single with two outs in the 9th ended a no-hit bid for Matt Moore
- Fangraphs notes that after a few years of parity, money is once again buying wins in 2016
- The Dodgers and Phillies swapped catchers
- Yankees rookie Gary Sanchez is ridiculously being compared to Babe Ruth
- Speaking of ridiculous, David Aaaaaaardsma is “impressed” by Tim Tebow
- Lastly, LGFT Scrabble is on his way to the nation’s capital