Anthony Castrovince writes that there is no obvious AL Cy Young winner as of now. He ranks Chris Sale #1 but does have Corey Kluber on the list—at #4.
No, you are not correct that "Kluber is NOT an ace."
No, you are not correct that his 3.22 ERA something that should disqualify him from the race (Nothing you do or say can earn you a disqualification these days, anyways).
Beneath that 3.22 ERA (which is pretty good in this relatively offense-dominated year) is a 2.79 FIP, 3.30 xFIP and 4.4 fWAR, which as Castro points out, leads the American League by a ton.
Other Indians Notes
The Indians won last night with Trevor Bauer out-dueling Max Scherzer. Scherzer had a no-hitter until it was broken up by Francisco Lindor. Chris Gimenez, Trevor Bauer's "personal catcher," did not catch Bauer last night. Roberto Perez handled the duties and it could not have gone better. Prior to yesterday, Bauer had not been the same since Gimenez gave away Trevor's secrets in late July.
Terry Francona did not manage last night's game. Brad Mills did. Hopefully nothing serious is up with Francona. He seems to be doing better already.
• Michael Brantley has suffered another setback, which I think most of us saw coming.
• Francisco Mejia extended his hitting streak to 48 games. Even at 47, he owned the modern era minor league record.
• Tim Lincecum accepted the AAA assignment offered to him by the Angels.
• Prince Fielder's professional baseball career is over. :(. He, A-Rod and Mark Texixixixixira have not been able to replicate their 2015s. But it was a good (coincidental) career for Fielder. And I'll never forget the joke that he and Sabathia had to sit on opposite sides of the Milwaukee plane.
• Ken Rosenthal wants you to stop doubting the Dodgers. Just because their payroll is under $7B doesn't mean you should write them off.
• Brandon Crawford's 7-hit game on Monday was one of the best in history.
Every MLB season since 1890 has featured Cy Young, Ty Cobb, Mel Ott, Warren Spahn, Nolan Ryan, or Alex Rodriguez.— Jason Lukehart (@JasonLukehart) August 9, 2016
#Lukehard neither offered nor paid any real or fake dollars for this mention. But he forgot to mention Kozma.