The Indians extended their winning streak to 2 last night, demolishing the Tigers12-1 in the process. Carlos Carrasco kept his solid string of pitching going with 6 strong innings. Danny Otero and Mike Clevinger pitched the final 3, allowing one hit combined.
On the hitting side, that Carlos Santana guy hit his 19th homer. If you've wandered over here from cleveland dot com, you are in fact correct that 19 homerz is not 30. But I recommend you head back to your natural habitat instead of pointing out this dumb July 6th observation.
Carlos wasn't the only batter to have a solid game—Tyler "Not Jay Bruce" Naquin hit his 7th baseball over the fence and Lonnie Chisenhall had yet another 4-hit game. Naquin's homer lifted his OPS to .949, which is 88 points higher than that Bruce character swings.
Here are some more facts and things for you to read about yesterday's game:
• Per Elias Sports, the Indians are the first team to start a season 11-0 against one opponent since the 2010 Blue Jays.
• Indians continue blistering streaks vs. Tigers | MLB.com
• It got Buck Farmer demoted.
• The Indians 7.5 game lead in the division is their largest since 2007
• And they are now one game behind the Cubs
• The All-star teams were announced yesterday. Francisco Lindor and Danny Salazar are Cleveland's representatives. Here's Castrovince's piece on the rosters.
• The Royals placed Wade Davis on the DL and replaced him on their roster with yet another fake person: Brooks Pounders. Pounders joins Cheslor Cuthbert, Whit Merrifield and Paulo Orlando on the Royals' twenty-fake man roster.
• The Cardinals placed LGFT Brandon Moss on the DL. Randal Grichuk, who has seen his stock plummet this season, was called up to take his place.
• Former Columbus Clipper Michael Roth was apparently in the major leagues with Texas. But not any more. A 14.73 ERA and 12.99 FIP will do that to ya.
• I don't know how Giancarlo Stanton hits baseballs like this. That first one is still rising, I think.
• Julio Urias heads to AAA again.
Now do some primary source analysis and watch Michael Brantley for yourself:
Brantley is taking BP right now. First BP session on field for him since mid May. pic.twitter.com/WWEkyf8Q1S— Jordan Bastian (@MLBastian) July 5, 2016
My freshman year of college history teacher is so proud of me right now.