I’m gonna be honest: this is the worst. You’re reading this on Friday morning, but I’m stuck here writing this after a day with no baseball, and probably before a bunch of awesome trade stuff happens overnight. Oh well. Try to humour me and say you’ve enjoyed this collection of links, even if you’re bored to tears.
Indians news & notes
Brewers catcher Jonathan Lucroy is perfect fit for the Indians, but it all boils down to prospects | Cleveland.com - We’ve all seen how bad the situation is at catcher, and we’ve all had our eyes on Lucroy. Zack Meisel consolidates the rumours regarding which teams are involved, what the Indians can offer, and what the potential rewards are.
Can Roberto Perez step up? | It’s Pronounced Lajaway - Perhaps it’s not as bad as we think? IPL’s Adam Hintz advocates doing whatever we can to upgrade at the catcher spot, but also believes we could get by well enough with a bounceback from Perez.
Trade rumors grow for Tribe as deadline nears | Indians.com - Jordan Bastian also weighs in on the Lucroy possibility, as well as some other names we’ve heard thrown around - Will Smith, Steve Pearce, etc.
Indians rumors: Steve Pearce not a great fit | Wahoo’s On First - Don’t ask WOF’s Joel Wagler to get excited about the possibility of adding Pearce to the Tribe infield. Pearce is versatile, but pretty old and a potential injury risk.
Robinson’s accomplishments honored with his place in Indians hall of fame | Did the Tribe Win Last Night? - Bob Toth takes a look back at Robinson’s brief but impactful time in Cleveland.
Trade deadline chatter
- Potential Tribe trade target Eduardo Nunez was shipped off to San Francisco, and Fangraphs has a preliminary take on his fit with the Giants
- The Royals are listening to trade offers for Wade Davis who has been historically great, but wouldn’t come without risks
- CBS’ Matt Snyder also believes there are some red flags for any team acquiring Davis to consider
- Snyder also examines why the 2018 season is so important for the Royals to consider during the 2016 trade deadline
- Surprisingly - but also unsurprisingly - the Yankees are showing interest in a potential Chris Sale trade