The Indians are now 4–0 against the Detroit Tigers this season. Unfortunately, in the middle of those 4 games, they played like garbage against the Twins and Phillies. The offense got hot last night, though Josh Tomlin didn't need much support (Pitching with a lead helps immensely, though—right, Corey?).
Yan Gomes broke out of his 0-for-16 slump with an RBI hit off Justin Verlander in the first inning last night.
Francisco Lindor was a triple shy of hitting for the cycle.
More about the Indians
• Yesterday, I was wondering what Zach Walters was up to. So you're going to hear about him: He has a .581 OPS in AAA for the Dodgers and is still striking out a ton: 16 times in 39 ABs.
• Roberto Perez is hoping to avoid thumb surgery. Aren't we all.
• Here's a newspaper clip from the first game at League Park.
• BIG MINOR LEAGUE TRANSACTIONS: Trevor Frank was placed on the DL and Nick Pasquale was transferred to Lynchburg.
Scores Around Baseball That Interested Me
• Toronto 3, Rangers 1 — A day after playing the best baseball game I've watched this season, Shapiro's Warriors and the Rangers went to extra innings. Toronto won this one to tie the series 1-1.
• Phillies 1, Cardinals 0 – The Phillies pitching continues to impress. Maybe we aren't so bad?
• Astros 6 Twins 4 — In this installment of the Disappointment Bowl, the Twins were more disappointing.
• Dodgers 10, Rays 5 — Former Tampa lefty Scott Kazmir beats current Tampa lefty Matt Moore.
• Braves 3, Mets 0 — Losing to the Braves should count as two losses. I shouldn't say that, though, because we'd probably get swept by them.
• Bad news, everybody: The White Sox cut John Danks yesterday. Maybe we'll get lucky and he'll land on his feet with the Tigers, Twins or Royals. No, not the Royals—he'd probably post a 0.34 ERA with them backed by a .023 BABIP against.
• Carson Smith, who the Red Sox stole from Seattle this offseason, was activated from the DL and pitched a scoreless inning against the White Sox as Drake LaRoche looked on from home.
• Marcell Ozuna homered for his third straight game. Anything on the Internet anywhere about him being a trade target? < / sarc >
And possibly the best sentence ever:
"Well, the whole entire at bat I knew I wasn't going to bunt."