The Indians demolished the Reds once again last night. The Reds starter (in this case Alfredo Simon) was bad just like their previous starter and their bullpen was, well, it would be an understatement to say they were bad. One of their relievers, bless his heart, was former Blue Jay Steve Delabar. Steve Delabar was bad. Steve Delabar was wild. Steve Delabar walked in four runs.
The Indians have batted 16 times in 2 games against the Reds and had a baserunner in all 16 of those innings. Luckily for Cincy, they didn't have to pitch the 9th inning in back to back days.
• The Atlanta Braves fired Fredi Gonzalez and a bunch of his assistants yesterday. Somebody named Brian Snitker will manage the team. What did they expect? Are they just trying to give the appearance that they care about winning games this season? Gonzalez knew he was in trouble when he got an email saying a flight was scheduled for him.
• Mike Clevinger was scratched from his minor league start yesterday. This is because he's making his MLB debut tonight! Doing so in Great American Ballpark is not ideal, but I'll take it!
• Cody Anderson was sent down to AAA, Lonnie Chisenhall was activated from the bereavement list and another spot will be needed for Clevinger. Hopefully Michael Martinez is the odd man out.
• Did you miss Justin Chamberlain's Periscope chat yesterday? Well I've got yo—nope; sorry, I did too. Darn.
• Here is Mr. August Fagerstrom on the unbelievably bad Reds bullpen. I have greatly enjoyed said unit so far this week. Can you imagine them now that we move to GABP?
• Rougned Odor has been suspended 8 games. He will appeal. Did you somehow miss Bautista-Odor? Well, Rob Gronkowski's got you covered. A bunch of other guys on the Jays and Rangers were suspended too.
• News that 29 teams did not want to read: Clayton Kershaw is getting better. Although, when it's a Phil Hughes record you're chasing, suddenly it sounds a lot less impressive.
Among lefties who have thrown 200 fastballs, only Drew Smyly has more vertical movement than Kershaw's
Not like the Tigers could use pitching like that. Nope, not at all.
• Francisco Cervelli signed an extension with the Pirates. Let's ask Gerrit Cole his opinion on this!
• The Astros called up Colin Moran. Moran was a consensus top-100 prospect in 2014, but hasn't really taken off since then.
• The Twins demoted Jose Berrios to AAA. He's very highly thought of, but his 10.20 ERA makes Cody Anderson look like a Cy Young contender. The only good pitching the Twins get is when Tyler Duffy gets to face the Indians.
• In addition to being bad at baseball, the Twins are also bad at broadcasting.
• The Cubs signed Joe Nathan.
• Robbie Grossman jumped from the Indians system to Minnesota's and David Huff signed with LAAOA.