There was a Cleveland Indians game on the calendar yesterday. You know what that means... Tribe manager Terry "Tito" Francona got his worst RHP some high-leverage innings. That's right! Bryan Shaw was used in the 8th inning to protect a 2-run lead against the toughest part of Seattle's lineup. Because hitting baseballs is hard and there are fielders on the field to reduce BABIP, Shaw's hangers were mostly hit for long outs. He kept the game 3–1 and thusly probably "earned" more appearances like this one. One of the Tribe's outfielders might not be as lucky...
• Collin Cowgill has an option remaining. It will presumably be used in the coming days.
• Bastian also sticks by Dan Otero not having an option.
4/19 Indians Recaps
• The Twins placed Cleveland killer Trevor Plouffe on the 15-day DL. The Indians are in Minnesota next week.
• The next MLB CBA will strive to make baseball players more popular. Carlos Santana sorely needs this.
• Seattle's Wade Miley had not walked a batter this season until he walked three consecutive Indians last night.
• Madison Bumgarner faces Zack Greinke later today. Doesn't Bumgarner ever get to face a Wade Miley or John Danks?