But first, the Indians have lost a free agent. Yesterday, Gavin Floyd signed with the Blue Jays, following Mark Shapiro there in the process. It's now fair to wonder if Shapiro was the guy who made signing Floyd happen last year, too.
• Jeff Sullivan wants your help in defining what an ace is. You can vote Yes or No on Carlos Carrasco and Danny Salazar. But Fangraphs doesn't want your opinion on Corey Kluber. I guess they already know he is one. I was unable to decide on Gerrit Cole and Tyson Ross. And would flip the Strasburg and Syndergaard results. And the Carrasco one. (They might be flipped by the time you read this.)
• Odrisamer Despaigne was traded to Baltimore by the Padres. In return, San Diego got RHP Jean Cosme. We can discuss Cosme. Continue to avoid Kozma though.
• CJ Wilson's tires were kicked. Thankfully, their air pressure was unchanged and the integrity of the game remains intact.
• Howie Kendrick is not a fan of MLB's free agent system—and he's not afraid to say it.
• Ken Rosenthal also wrote about the qualifying offer, saying that it hurts small market clubs like the Indians.
The Indians should sign outfielder Dexter Fowler. [But] won too many games last season to qualify for a top-10 protected pick [and] are scared off by the prospect of losing their picks and pool money.
• Ken Rosenthal picked Jason Kipnis as MLB's best second baseman.
• The Dodgers have supposedly told teams that Yasiel Puig is not currently available.
• The Padres signed Fernando Rodney to a 1-year deal.
• And good news is hours away
Truck Day is tomorrow for Indians. Will finish loading equipment for trek to Goodyear, Ariz., for Spring Training. pic.twitter.com/DuRHBX6zf7— Jordan Bastian (@MLBastian) February 4, 2016