• Justin Verlander will start opening day for the Kittie Cats. On the Indians or Mets, he'd have to wait at least a week longer due to early-season off days. The Royals would start him in games 1, 2 and 3, though.
• This will make some #PeopleOnThisSite like Cody Allen more: He not only took a Lord of the Rings tour, he did so on horseback.
• PECOTA likes the Indians more than it likes any other AL team. It pokes even more fun at the Royals than I did above. Unfortunately, Corey Kluber is right: Nobody gets awards based on projections. (Except the guy who makes them if they somehow all prove to be 100% correct.)
• The Washington Post takes PECOTA's side here, though, saying that "The rotation finally converts performance and ability to wins" and that it will be enough to win the division.
• I got Tommy Hunter contract specifics for ya:
Tommy Hunter contract with #Indians: $2M salary, plus $100K each for 25 and 30 games, $200K each for 35, 40, 45 and 50 games.— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) February 16, 2016
• The A's consider Danny Valencia to be a #RiteHandedPowurBat
• The Rangers signed Ike Davis to a minor league deal.