Nothing major happened yesterday in the world of baseball. So let's discuss a number of minor stories:
• The Red Sox are after Trevor Plouffe, who happens to be a guy I'd like on Indians. Plouffe seems to be obtainable on a 1-year contract for 2-to-3 million dollars. Even Dooley Doolun can afford this wun, says cleveland dot com! "No movement is expected in any direction until the new year, with the baseball industry slowing down this week just like so much of the world." This means there's still time for the Indians to jump in! Just like so much of the world! (!?!) (Such an odd add-on, Boston Herald.)
• If the Yankees trade for Jose Quintana, they may also be taking on David Robertson's contract as part of the deal. Reunions galore!
• The Atlanta Braves are showing interest in Matt Wieters
• The Pirates officially inked Ivan Nova
• The Cardinals aren't killing their leverage by begging for Brian Dozier
• In case you weren't aware, things could always be worse: Corey Kluber could have pitched 3 World Series games for the "Cleveland Beats."
• Pete Koz—nope. Can't discuss him.