Happy Friday, Tribe fans! With the holidays (and by holidays I mean the Winter Meetings) just around the corner, hopefully everyone is getting ready to spend some time with friends and family.
Shortly after the World Series ended, Terry Francona had surgery done on his right hip. Tito joked with reporters that he's almost bionic (having already had surgery on both knees), so it seems as if he's in good spirits and is just taking some well deserved rest. Get well soon, Tito!
It's not exactly news, but there's an ugly Christmas sweater with Mike Napoli's face on it, so there's that.
Around the League
- Pirates third baseman Jung Ho Kang was arrested after leaving the scene of a DUI incident in South Korea.
- Andrew McCutchen may find himself heading to Washington next week. Which means McCutchen and Harper would be in the same outfield, which is terrifying for the rest of the NL East.
- The St. Louis Cardinals have parted ways with Jaime Garcia in exchange for three prospects from the Atlanta Braves
- HOT STOVE, COULD JUSTIN VERLANDER BE HEADING TO THE DODGERS?!?!?...or maybe he just wanted a nice house by the beach. Who knows?
- The Angels have acquired right-handed pitcher/contestant for best name in baseball Brooks Pounders.
Seriously, I need to put this on my holiday wish list and send it to every family member I know: