There’s one fairly large Cleveland Indians story at the moment, but our own Matt Lyons has a full post on it coming a bit later today. So I won’t steal his thunder; instead, here are some other stories from around baseball.
...alright, so I’ll steal a little thunder. The Cleveland Indians are altering their uniforms for next season...slightly. Be on the lookout for Matt’s full analysis later on today. But for now, you can see the mock-ups for what to expect in 2017.
In the 2016 June draft, the Indians had pick #72 in the Lottery B round, which they used to choose catcher Logan Ice (pictured above). Next June, Cleveland will now have the #25, #64, and now the #71 picks overall in the 2017 amateur draft.
Between Terry Francona’s use of Andrew Miller and Dave Roberts’ use of Kenley Jansen in the 2016 postseason, there may be a shift coming in regards to how managers deploy their best relievers out of the bullpen.
I’m sure the majority of Adele tickets were bought by folks from Chicago as well.
Around the League
- Looks like the Cubs found another bullpen arm in Koji Uehara for 1 year/$6 million.
- The Tampa Bay Rays were the lone team to vote against the new CBA.
- Apparently, some BBWAA don’t like voting for the Hall of Fame.
- LHP Derek Holland is making his way to the Chicago White Sox despite the Sox being in full on rebuild mode.
- What’s the best baseball video game ever? Regardless of what game you’re currently thinking of, you’re wrong; the answer is Winnie The Pooh Home Run Derby. Enjoy, and good luck hitting any of Kanga’s pitches.