Is it spring training yet? *checks calendar* Not even close.
Manny Ramirez was a monster at the plate; his career slash line is incredible (.312/.411/.585), he has over 550 home runs, and he helped the Boston Red Sox get two championships. But Manny's PED issues could prevent him from entering Cooperstown.
If the Indians stand pat right now, they are still in pretty good shape for 2017. However, a few key additions between now and spring training could put Cleveland over the edge as they try to make it back to the Fall Classic next season.
Around the League
- Players in the Texas Rangers' farm system in the Dominican Republic are currently being investigated for sexual assault.
- The St. Louis Cardinals have signed LHP relief pitcher Brett Cecil to a 4-year/$30.5 million dollar contract.
- The Texas Rangers have signed RHP Andrew Cashner to a 1-year/$10 million dollar deal.
- It seems like Yoenis Cespesdes will be able to land a five-year deal with the not-Cleveland Indians.
- And finally, while it's not exactly news, enjoy Reddit user /u/camly75 and their simulation of an OOTP team of 25 Jose Cansecos.