It's Tuesday, which means it's not Thursday. Because it isn't Thursday, there are still two days before Trevor Bauer and the Cleveland Indians begin game 1 of the ALDS against the Boston Red Sox. I don't know about you all, but this week feels longer than the entire offseason. It's going to be incredibly difficult to stay focused at work over the next couple of days, so hopefully my supervisors are cool with my reduced productivity over the next month.
Trevor Bauer is feeling healthy and ready to face off against Rick Porcello and the Red Sox come Thursday night. To say this is going to be the biggest game (thus far) in Bauer's young career would be an understatement; here's to an incredible game, Trevor.
2013 was but a taste of postseason action, and the Tribe has been yearning for more ever since.
In case you missed it, the times for the first three games in the ALDS have been announced. Thursday will be a night game, whereas Friday and Sunday will both be played a bit earlier.
Around The League
- While some teams are preparing for the postseason, others are preparing for 2017. First, the Miami Marlins have released Barry Bonds.
- Next, Walt Weiss has stepped down as the manager of the Colorado Rockies.
- Additionally, the Chicago White Sox have named Rick Renteria as their new manager following the release of Robin Ventura.
- And finally, the Arizona Diamondbacks have released not only their manager Chip Hale, but their GM Dave Stewart as well.
- Here are the final graphical standings for the 2016 season, courtesy of Reddit user /u/n4cortix: