Friday, October 28, 2016. 8:08 PM EST, Wrigley Field
Radio: WTAM, ESPN Radio
World Series tied 1-1
Well, this should be interesting:
- First World Series game at Wrigley Field since 1945, and Cubs fans have been partying in Wrigleyville since the break of dawn.
- Carlos Santana is making his first career start in the outfield as Terry Francona tries to get as much offensive fire power in the lineup as possible.
- Josh Tomlin, who gave up 36 homers in the regular season (though none in two previous postseason starts), pitches in Wrigley with the wind blowing out.
- Tomlin also has a career batting line of .500/.500/.583 (13 Plate Appearances), so he's no automatic out.
- Kyle Schwarber will not start but will undoubtedly be talked about 75 times during the broadcast as a potential pinch-hitter
- Bill Murray will be singing "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" during the 7th inning stretch
I have no clue how this game is going to turn out, but I'm excited/terrified to find out what happens with all of you.
|CLEVELAND INDIANS||CHICAGO CUBS|
|Carlos Santana - LF||Dexter Fowler - CF|
|Jason Kipnis - 2B||Kris Bryant - 3B|
|Francisco Lindor - SS||Anthony Rizzo - 1B|
|Mike Napoli - 1B||Ben Zobrist - LF|
|Jose Ramirez - 3B||Willson Contreras - C|
|Lonnie Chisenhall - RF||Jorge Soler - RF|
|Roberto Perez - C||Javier Baez - 2B|
|Tyler Naquin - CF||Addison Russell - SS|
|Josh Tomlin - RHP||Kyle Hendricks - RHP|