Yesterday's Indians-Twins game was rained out. A doubleheader will be played today, starting at 4:10 ET. This increases the likelihood that Trevor Bauer is allowed to start a Major League Baseball game in the next week, so I'm ok with it.
Today's Pitching matchups:
Game 1: Carrasco vs Gibson
Game 2: Anderson vs Pelfrey
Onto the News and Notes
• Ken Rosenthal tweeted some cryptic news about Chris Antonetti and Mike Chernoff yesterday. The Phillies wanted to interview Chernoff but he is staying with the Indians, perhaps with a promotion similar to how Antonetti was kept a few years ago. Antonetti has said in the past that he is not interested in taking on Mark Shapiro's business responsibilities, but has never said he would not be open to a promotion.
• How much does Bryce Harper hustle? A lot!
• The Dodgers clinched THE __ ____ last night behind a Clayton Kershaw 1-hitter. Ho hum. Or not. Kershaw has struck out 294 batters this season (not a typo). It's the first time that the Dodgers have won 3 straight division titles.
• Harold Rosenberg was actually a baseball critic.
• Did you know Ryan Raburn has a .920 OPS? Because Tito doesn't.
• David Ortiz does not actually exist.
Francisco Lindor has 11 homers and 13 sacrifice bunts. There are four other players with at least 10 SH. They have no homers. Combined.— Joe Sheehan (@joe_sheehan) September 28, 2015
And we end with some good news
.@Cardinals Matheny: Piscotty released from hospital, "a couple bruises, but overall everything checked out very clean."— MLB Network Radio (@MLBNetworkRadio) September 29, 2015