• The Marlins interviewed Manny Acta for their 2016 managerial opening. It's said that their current manager (their former general manager) was in the dark about this happening.
• I'm not sure who hires a manager for one year, but that is what the Phillies did in making Pete Mackanin their permanent dugout general. It contains an option for 2017.
• Michael Brantley left yesterday's game with some sort of shoulder injury. Not good news, nor is the fact that the Indians lost said game, which featured more puzzling managerial decisions.
• Neftali Feliz blew the most improbable of no-hitters: One in which multiple Tiger relievers pitched. With 1 out in the 9th inning, Tyler Saladino tripled to break up what Daniel Norris, Buck Farmer, Ian Krol and Drew VerHagen had going. #HammyGoodGuy Adam Eaton then singled to score Saladino and tie the game. They ended up going to extra innings and I'm guessing you care about who won as little as I do.
• Speaking of that Tigers bullpen...
The Tigers have sent Bruce Rondon home because of his "effort" level, per Brad Ausmus.— Chris Iott (@Chris_Iott) September 22, 2015
• "Joe Maddon invited Cubs players and their kids to Wrigley Field for a zoo day. There were penguins, a sloth and this pink flamingo roaming the OF"
• Jake Arrieta is 2015's first 20-game winner. More importantly, he has a 2.45 FIP, 2.70 xFIP and 6.3 fWAR to go along with his 27 quality starts.
• Rare instance in which "OMG" is appropriate for an LGT post: