• Corey Kluber is returning to the Indians rotation Thursday. So not only will the Indians have pitchers who are pitching like aces, they'll actually have theirs back on the mound.
• The Indians will call up more players once MiLB playoffs end. Perhaps a third catcher so Roberto Perez can be used more freely in PH situations?
• Bryan Shaw has been really effective against left-handed hitters this season. August Fagerstrom looks at why. Too bad Shaw isn't 2013shaw any more. Overuse gonna getcha.
• Last night was the second pro sports #FireworksGate of 2015. Alex Rios hit a home run at progressive Field and the celebrations operator accidentally hit the fireworks button. He got booed, felt sad, and set up a fitting metaphor for the rest of the night. At least nobody lost any fingers this time.
• People from the Indians front office continue to be in demand. This time, it's Ross Atkins. He will interview for the Angels GM job.
• Michael Brantley is MLB's LF leader in Good Play/Misplay Ratio
• Francisco Lindor and Jason Kipnis have identical wOBAs and wRC+es.
• Ken Rosenthal takes a look at the impact Yoenis Cespedes has had on two ballclubs. Rosenthal also tweeted this:
The Rangers passing the Astros in the AL West last night can't hurt.
Now another Lindor tweet:
Only 7 hitters in Indians history have 99+ hits in 1st 81 career games with team. Only 3 have done so in one season: pic.twitter.com/ZNZMQmyabN— Jordan Bastian (@MLBastian) September 16, 2015