The Big News
• Brandon Moss feels like he won the lottery. He also said "There's 28 places I could have gone if I was going to be traded..." Which team is he leaving out—Oakland or Miami?
• Lonnie Chisenhall left Monday's game with whiplast, but was good to go Tuesday night.
• Michael Bourn didn't rob any home runs last night, but he did have another hit and steal another (I know, right?) base.
• Ryan Raburn played last night! Why is this a big deal, you ask? He hadn't played since July 26th.
• Molly Knight on becoming a sportswriter; specifically a female one.
• Here's Nate Silver with a clickbait-y "Did Your Team Blow It At the Trade Deadline?"
• Colorado's highly-touted pitching prospect Jon Gray made his MLB debut last night and gave up 3 runs, 2 earned. He was pulled after 4 innings, so it wasn't much of a debut, but he did strike out his first 4 MLB batters.
• Henry Owens also made his debut—for Boston. He allowed 3 runs on 5 hits over 5 innings, striking out 5 and walking just one.
• In a slightly different kind of debut, Alex Wood started his first game for the Dodgers last night and went 6.1 innings. He was charged with 4 runs, but a number of them scored on Joel Peralta's watch. Wood K'd 8 and walked 2.
And I beg you to not take this seriously: