• Carlos Carrasco was supposed to start today, but will not. I'm all for being overly cautious with this one. And the Indians are being just that—he was placed on the 15-day DL.
• It was said on the radio last night that Jason Kipnis just accomplished his 17th 3-hit game this season. Had to confirm that one. Somehow, correct.
• The New York teams appear to be headed in opposite directions. The Yankees got demolished by the Astros 15–1 and the Mets beat the Phillies 6–5. After Yankee game, Joe Girardi said that Carlos Gomez needs to "play the game the right way." I asked Terry Francona this morning how Gomez could begin to do that and he said "Ya know—bunt runners over to third with no outs, hit weak ground balls to the right side with a man on first—the little things." Ok, I made that part up.
• The Detroit Tigers dropped their 5th game in a row to fall to 59-66. Know any other 59-66 teams?
• Bryson Myles hit for the cycle for AA Akron yesterday.
• Giancarlo Stanton says he should be off of the DL within a week and a half.
• His first inning double yesterday raised Lonnie Chisenhall's post-AAA average to .407.
• If you missed it on the sidebar (I don't know of anybody who'd do such a thing), Michael Brantley is trading power for walks.
If you love Francisco Lindor (and why wouldn't you?) then you'll love this video
Thankfully, this tweet is not about Kozma; rather Eddie Rosario's HR off Tomlin
A Home Run That Must Be Discussed http://t.co/8UYb773Fv4— Jeff Sullivan (@based_ball) August 25, 2015