Giants rookie RHP Chris Heston pitched the first no-hitter of the 2015 MLB season on Tuesday. He hit three batters with pitches, becoming the first pitcher to ever hit more than two batters in a no-hitter. It was Heston's 13th career start.
The last time the Cavaliers hosted game 3 of the Finals, a no-hitter was also pitched on that day. As for the guy who pitched that one...
Justin Verlander will make his first MLB start of 2015 on Saturday. And of course, it will be against the Indians. Hopefully, Bad Verlander shows up and this ends up being a good thing.
The Indians 2015 rotation is the 3rd best all-time in adjusted strikeout rate. But surprise! Their defense is doing them no favors.
Giovanny Urshela made his major league debut last night at third base for the Indians and went a very "Lonnie could've done that" 0-for-3.
The Indians have the 5th best offense against LHP and the 5th best offense against RHP.
• The Chicago Cubs signed Rafael Soriano, who has been waiting around a while for a suitor to emerge.
• The Cardinals placed slugger Matt Holliday on the 15-day disabled list with a strained quad. It's a grade 2 strain, for those of you who know what that means. Maybe we can interest you in Nick Swisher, St. Louis? #dreamland
• Over at Fangraphs, Jeff Sullivan takes an in-depth look at the #1 guy I wanted at the trade deadline last year. Dallas Keuchel probably wasn't actually available, because who wouldn't have wanted him?—But many writers thought he was.
• They Who Did Nothing Wrong pass along word that the Houston Astros released LGFT Alex White, who was quite bad in the minor leagues this season.
• OMG OMG OMG BRYCE HARPER PLAYED HIS FIRST GAME IN YANKEE STADIUM OMG HOW DID WE EVER LIVE BEFORE THIS!?
Indians Go Viral
I'm sure I'm not the only one who actually wanted to see the Tim Cook–Brandon Moss video. I got lucky when I wanted to find it, assuming correctly that it was near the beginning of Cook's address. But now there's an easier way:
"Congratulations, Brandon, on 100 home runs, and good luck on the next 100!" -- Tim Cook at #WWDC15 https://t.co/WL0FMthCaT— #VoteKip #VoteTribe (@Indians) June 9, 2015