It's the last Friday before the regular season. Just three more days till regular baseball! While we count down the minutes, here's a look at what's going on in Tribeland and around the league:
Yesterday's game: Indians 4, Reds 3
The Tribe finally took one from the Reds this spring. Old Rough & Ready led the charge with another solid outing, and Dr. Smooth provided the heavy artillery with his first homer of the spring.
Indians news & notes
Antonetti excited about present and future of Indians | Indians.com - The mounds of national hype being heaped on the Indians this offseason haven't limited Chris Antonetti's optimism to this year. Here's your classic "the season is almost here" fluff piece, including quotes from the boss on Francisco Lindor, Nick Swisher, and more.
Deadline near for Kluber extension talks? | Cleveland.com - Lines of communication between the front office and Corey Kluber have remained open all offseason concering a multi-year extension. Nothing has come of it so far, but it seams the deadline has been as fluid as the lines of communications. Kluber's age works against him, in terms of a possible extension, but he's locked up through 2017 regardless. Also, apparently his agents are considering a "loss-of-value" policy similar what Max Scherzer had prior to signing his mega deal with the Nationals.
Reigning Cy Young Kluber looking to build on breakout 2014 | Did The Tribe Win Last Night? - In case you wanted to read another take on Kluber's dominant season and the road he took to get there.
Brantley family has moment to remember | Indians.com - Fun little story about Michael Brantley getting the chance to go to the mound and hand off the ball to his cousin, reliever Justin Brantley. So if Michael is Dr. Smooth, what does that make Justin?
The legacy of Al Rosen with the Indians | Wahoo's On First - WOF takes a look back at the 10-year Tribe career of the late, great Hebrew Hammer and legendary Indians 3B.
Tidbits from around MLB
- Fangraphs has a bunch of interesting stuff to check out:
- Sports on Earth makes 125 predictions about the 2015 season, and not a single one of them is about the Indians
- Jon Heyman discusses the gap between sides in the David Price extension talks
- CBS Sports also takes a look at AL Rookie of the Year candidates, including a Francisco Lindor shoutout
- The Braves have acquired Trevor Cahill from the Diamondbacks
- In case you missed it, the New York Times has a fantastic piece on the history and popularity of the baseball cap