Free agents have finally started signing elsewhere, some more major MLB awards were announced and one player announced he will be retiring after the season. Hopefully he doesn't change his mind, or else we might end up with longer-lasting unwritten rules
• And Joe Maddon won NL Manager of the Year. Also deservedly.
• 2016 will be David Ortiz's final season. Finally.
• There is "Growing sentiment around Baseball and internally" that Jose Fernandez will be traded by the Marlins this offseason. EMPTY OUT THE FARM SYSTEM, ANTONETTI! The Marlins would also be a good trade partner for Miami.
• Sometimes the first pitch of a professional baseball game is really wild. If you're facing Jason Kipnis, it makes sense that you'd be a little scared.
• The Giants signed Brandon Crawford to a 6-year, 75 million dollar deal. He's an awesome and underrated player, so it's great to see him get paid, even if it raises the price Lindor will cost to lock up.
• The Angels signed Cliff Pennington for two years. 68 NFL free agents would have switched teams already this offseason, but Pennington was the first.
• And Rich Hill is the second: He signed a 1-year deal with Oakland for $6M.
I bet you didn't expect Tony Romo to make an appearance on LGT today
Hope it doesn't happen, though.