Yesterday's big transaction news involved the Seattle Mariners for the second time this offseason, as new general manager Jerry DiPoto continues to deal. Also, the National League and Ameican League Rookie of the Year awads were announced with unfortunate results.
- Lindor edged in AL Rookie of Year voting | MLB
Want to win an offseason award? Make sure your team gets into the playoffs. Oh, you don't have control over that? Too bad.
- Indians’ Francisco Lindor Finishes Second In AL Rookie Of The Year Voting | CBS
Our boy Lindor handled the news like a professional, of course. He wants the Indians to win, and that's all that really matters in the end.
Around the league
- Leonys Martin joining Mariners in trade | ESPN
Jerry DiPoto is not messing around in the Great White North. This is his second trade since taking over the general manager job this offseason.
- CHICAGO CUBS ANNOUNCE PLANS TO CREATE THEIR OWN CABLE NETWORK IN 2020 | Awful Announcing
What could go wrong?
- Kris Bryant named NL's top rookie | ESPN
Kris Bryant won National League Rookie of the Year honors by a unanimous vote.
- Revisiting the Non-Competitive Pitch | FanGraphs
Former Indians beat writer August Fagerstrom took an in-depth look at "non-competitive" pitches for the second year in a row. Trevor Bauer and his many misses low and outside were mentioned in this piece.
- GM Mike Rizzo wants Bryce Harper to be a 'National for life' | CBS Sports
Weirdly enough, the Washington Nationals general manager wants the best offensive player on the planet to be on his team for life. Who knew?
- Want Bob Uecker to wake you up every morning? The Brewers have you covered | Fox Sports
Not sure who this "Bob Uecker" guy is, but this Harry Doyle alarm clock is super awesome and I want it.