ALCS Game Three
- Men of Troy: Blue Jays bash, get back in ALCS | MLB
The Toronto Blue Jays finally remembered how to hit a baseball Monday night, crushing three home runs on their way to an 11-8 victory over the Kansas City Royals.
- Jays bats sizzle at home; ALCS deficit to Royals shaved to 2-1 | ESPN
- The Cleveland Indians are still wearing this mascot. Make the nightmare end.
TWENTY FOUR HOURS, @Rockies.— Cleveland Indians (@Indians) October 19, 2015
Around the league
- Daniel Norris of Detroit Tigers played 2015 despite thyroid cancer | ESPN
Detroit Tigers pitcher Daniel Norris revealed via Instagram that he has been diagnosed with thyroid cancer. The diagnosis came during the season, and he could have opted for surgery to have it removed right away, but the 22-year-old chose to play out the season.
- Jake Arietta is probably okay | Fangraphs
Chicago Cubs starting pitcher Jake Arietta has not looked great in his last two postseason starts, but he is probably not broken and the worst thing ever, believe it or not. Look for him to rebound in his next start--if the Cubs survive that long.
- Blue Jays claim switch-pitcher Pat Venditte from Athletics | CBS Sports
Even while battling in the ALCS, the Jays are beginning some offseason shopping. They claimed switch-pitcher Pat Venditte yesterday prior to Game 3. The Indians, if you remember, drafted their own ambidextrous pitcher in this year's draft.